WELCOME TO DISTRICT 29,
DEPARTMENT OF CALIFORNIA
IN ORANGE COUNTY
Our plan and goals for District 29
It is an honor to serve as the District 29 commander for 2019-2020. I now have the opportunity to work with a strong leadership team to positively impact Orange County’s veteran community. It is a challenge that greatly inspires me. There can no better goal than to care for the needs of our veterans who have earned the right to be served.
District 29 has ambitious goals to execute this year – our leadership team has developed a strategic plan that includes:
· Stronger social communications;
· A veterans services network;
· Officer training sessions;
· Strengthening membership retention initiatives;
· Encouraging greater community engagement by our local posts;
· Continued celebrations at district centennial posts;
· Providing scholarship programs for participants in The American Legion’s Americanism initiatives including the oratorical competition, Boys State;
· And exploring Legion Baseball opportunities in Orange County.
Our veterans responded the to call to serve and protect this great nation, and now they need the support of our Veteran’s Administration for their rehabilitation due to the physical and mental wounds they received from their military service, either seen or unseen.
I find that working with veterans and their families is a key pillar of why The American Legion was founded… to try to help fulfill the promise that Abraham Lincoln made, “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” is an opportunity to continue to serve in a meaningful way on behalf of The American Legion.
If you want to reach me, you can email me at: email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
For God and Country,
Brea Post 181